Data Breach FAQs

My card might have been part of a merchant security breach. Has my account been compromised?
Although your card may be on the list it does not mean your account has been compromised. Because your security is our top priority, if your card is identified by the United States merchant network as part of a breach, we will automatically send you a replacement card at no cost. The card is issued as soon as possible to try and avoid interruption.

Since my debit card is compromised, should I close my account as well?
There is no need to close your checking account. Your account number is not at risk just your debit card number. 

What should I do if my current card has stopped working but I have not received a new card?
To protect your security, all compromised cards will be closed automatically after three weeks of ordering your new card. If your card is being declined and you have not received your new card, please call your branch. Verify your address is correct on your account. It may be possible the card was returned to us in the mail.

What if I currently have a forwarding address on file with the post office?
Unfortunately, debit cards do not forward. The card will be returned to the bank. We will try to contact you to let you know the card was returned. You will have the option to pick it up at our Holly Beach location within a few days and update your address.

How did my card get compromised?
Most likely there was a security breach in a payment network that your card was used on. Many merchants that have a security breach make a public announcement about the breach and post information on their websites. For the most recent merchant breach please click here.

What should I do if I notice unauthorized debit card transactions on my account?
Contact your branch immediately to turn off your card. If it is after hours please call the number on the back of your card 1-800-472-3272 or our phone link system at 888-893-9984. If you need to dispute any unauthorized transactions please contact your branch manager.

What should I do with any automatic payments set up on my compromised card?
You will need to update your card number with the merchant (ie: EZ Pass, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)